If you're not into muscle building yet, why not? Is it because you are still not committed to achieving the flawless physique of Instagram fitness models? Perhaps you don't see its importance because you're not an athlete trying to outshine the competition? It’s time to recalibrate this mindset—training your muscles is so much more than that.
Aside from giving you a fantastic swimsuit-ready body, training your muscles offers countless health benefits. It improves your overall physical and mental condition, allowing you to function better daily.
Check out these five simple yet effective tips for building muscle for starters like you.
5 Muscle Building Tips for Workout Beginners
Muscle building is a common goal for everyone, from bodybuilding pros to office warriors. It's a wonderful addition to your health routine, so best not to skip it. For starters, here are some tips to building muscle. You can easily incorporate them into your everyday routine without needing a gym membership or working with personal trainers. Let's start!
1) Start a Simple and Consistent Routine
The thought of lifting weights, understanding muscle hypertrophy, and other technical terminologies involved in building muscle mass can be intimidating at first. You want to make your way slowly into this journey with a simple but consistent workout routine.
Building muscle doesn't happen overnight; it takes weeks, months, or even years of continuous effort to see the desired results. Here's what you should consider:
- Never leave out stretching before your workout session.
- Start with a few bodyweight exercises. Between eight and twelve reps is ideal for beginners.
- Focus on getting the correct form when performing exercises to prevent injury.
- Prioritize major lifts that work for multiple muscle groups because they need more energy to complete. It's best to perform them while you're still feeling fresh.
- Always prioritize quality reps over quantity.
- Go for more advanced muscle-building workout sets after a day’s rest.
2) Supplement Your Muscles With the Right Nutrients
Are you familiar with the statement, "abs are made in the kitchen"? This theory applies to building muscle as well. A muscle will only build if you supply your body with the nutrients it needs to perform your workout sessions successfully. If you don't eat and drink right, you will hinder your progress and struggle to reap the full perks of proper training.
Below are some important rules about proper diet when trying to build muscle:
- Add more protein to your recipes. Protein helps build muscle. Each person's body reacts to protein differently, so it is best to experiment and see what works for you.
- Carb up from vegetables, fruits, sports drinks, and whole grains. These will help you get the energy, fiber, minerals, and vitamins you need to rebuild your muscles faster.
- Include fats in your daily intake to help you get more energy and produce the hormones necessary to gain muscle. At least 20 to 30 percent of your daily calorie intake should root in fat.
- Consume more calories than you burn to increase muscle mass and support the growth of new muscles.
- Eat frequently, especially calories, so you have sufficient body weight to gain muscle.
- Consider drinking pre- and post-workout protein shakes to help your muscles prepare for the workout session and recovery process.
- Supplement your way into hitting your nutrient targets. These muscle-building supplements help improve your resistance training performance and stimulate muscle growth.
3) Rest and Recover to Allow Muscle Growth
Resting is equally important as your training sessions, so never skip or cut them short. The thing is, your muscles are only stimulated when you work out. It's during the muscle recovery period that they truly come into form.
Your muscle fibers are naturally torn and damaged during your workouts. Because of this, sufficient body breaks are necessary to repair them and gain strength for more work. The recovery period also includes proper sleep timing and duration, which may differ from person to person. Typically, experts would recommend getting about 6 or 7 sleeping hours for effective recovery.
4) Take on Progressively Greater Challenges
A successful muscle-building process entails pushing your muscles to handle progressively greater workout challenges. Your sessions will not be the same forever; you’ll need to change them at some point by either increasing or decreasing the weight on the bar. And by decreasing, we mean pushing yourself in different ways.
Here are a few examples of routine switch-ups you can consider:
- You may aim to increase weight or reps on your next sets.
- Don't add weight and retain the same number of reps but with a sharper, more improved form this time.
- Use the same weight from the previous session but decrease the rest time between your sets.
- Do the same reps and weight but with more control than your previous sessions.
- Experiment with different workout equipment to make things more interesting. Think kettlebells, battle ropes, Swiss balls, and weighted vests.
5) Stay Motivated, But Don't Always Push Yourself
The last of our five tips to build muscle mass is to manage your mental well-being. Stress can affect you in many ways, including how you eat, sleep, and work out. Naturally, this can also hinder muscle growth. So it's essential to stay motivated and patient with your progress, which includes not going too hard on yourself.
Your goal should be to complete each exercise session feeling good rather than completely exhausted or worn out. You may sometimes experience off days, and that's okay. Limit your workouts accordingly. Once you've recovered, it's time to stimulate those muscles again! That's how you give your body a chance to grow.
Achieve a Successful Muscle Gain With NCN's Supplements
Do not allow self-doubt or misconceptions to hold you back from achieving those shredded muscles. Whether you're an athlete seeking to outshine your competition or someone who simply wants to improve their physique and overall health, the workout tips to build muscle we discussed will serve as a valuable contribution to your daily routine.
Improve and maintain your lean body mass, starting with significant muscle gains! Kickstart your muscle-building journey with NCN's all-natural performance-enhancing dietary supplements for weight loss and muscle growth. We offer premium-quality, lab-tested products that are proven to work.
Don't let your hard work go to waste—try our Genbolin muscle-building dietary supplement today and experience the difference for yourself!